Thursday, January 22, 2009

Beeriversary

Today marks two momentus events; 1. It's the first morning in weeks I didn't wake up to myself screaming, and 2. It's the 50th anniversary of the aluminum can, brought to us by the Adolph Coors Co. I wish I was making that up. Check it out for yourself. The man responsible for countless cases of domestic abuse and uninvited bowel movements is this man.

He was so wasted in this picture.

That's Bill Coors, and he's my hero. The can was developed under the strictest of security. Imagine Guantanamo Bay, but with more nudity and beer.

"Um, guys? I can't really get this can to my mouth. Little help?"

From the article:

That can ultimately spelled the demise of the tin beverage can developed in the mid-1800s. Industry officials say the development of the Coors aluminum can forever changed the way people drink beer and other beverages.
Tin can?! Was there even a pull tab? Imagine being one beer away from temporary happiness and you can't even open the damn thing.

"Honey, where's the can opener?"

"Why?"

"Just give it to me, it'll be good for everyone."

Although, the upside is that once you're drunk and have an abundance of cans lying around, things start to get fun.

[Via RockyMountainNews]

No comments: