Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Shave Much? [Rant]

Shaving B.L.O.W.S. That's not an acronym, it's called emphasis and you'd better get used TO IT!! No one likes shaving, anywhere. Guy, girl, face, legs, back, ears, feet...It's just not a pleasant activity, no matter who is doing it to what.

I just looked at myself in the mirror and noticed that after less than a week of not shaving I've turned in to Ambrose E. Burnside.

You should really buff up on your history.

I've grown mutton chops. And not the sweet black and white kind like Burny up there, I'm growing the equivalent of a mullet on both sides of my head. Normally I'm very well groomed, some say too groomed (let that ruminate in your head a little), but lately (read: since I was 15) I've had no desire to shave.

Unless you shave every day, or you're this guy:

It's always going to be a losing battle.

Disclaimer: I know next to nothing about women so all opinions are based solely on the male experience.

There's definitely a "magic hour" of sorts when it comes to shaving. Not too much hair where as the razor is pulling it out, but not too little or you'll run the risk of deadly razor burn. I'd imagine the same holds true for women. If I knew one I could confirm this theory. This "magic hour" tends to fall around day 3 of not shaving for me.

Day 4 is when I give day 3 a big middle finger in it's prime numbered ass and just keep on cruising by. Well past day 7, and sometimes, just sometimes, I cross the dark side in to double digits. Around day 10 (or, Defcon 1 as Emily likes to call it) I really start to piss off not only myself, but I suspect society as a whole.

Though unbelievably easy to maintain, a full beard sucks slightly more than shaving. It's all itchy and makes my face look like a vagina.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that Emily doesn't like kissing "vaginas".

Philippe said...

Well, sir, you'd be wrong.

Emily said...

ummm no. he would be right.