Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Button Fly? More Like, Button DIE [Rant]

I'm caught in the middle of a dilemma. I hate, hate, button fly jeans, but my favorite pair just happen to be of this variety.

Who thought to themselves, "Hey, jeans are way too easy to put on, how can I complicate this?" It was probably this guy:

"I shall make the perfect race of jeans."

Most bad things are his fault anyway, might as well add this to the list. Putting on my jeans has gone from a 90 second affair to a 120 second affair, and that is just unacceptable. What? 90 seconds is still way too long to put on jeans? Well that extra 75 seconds accounts for lube time, my jeans are very tight.

Probably shouldn't have picked out this particular pair.

My main concern isn't the actual buttoning of said fly, I've turned that into a drinking game of sorts. Every time I button one I take a shot of Tequila, and since most of my pants have at least 8 buttons (front & back), my drive in to work tends to be entertaining.

The real problem is that the damn thing just does not want to stay buttoned.

Walking from my car to the office? 1 button, popped.
Booting up my computer? 2 buttons, gone.
Breathing at a steady pace? 3 buttons and a mild ulcer.

I would burn these jeans to the ground if they didn't make my ass look so good.

2 comments:

Kalong said...

Excellent post :-) Very insightful. Do you like button flys on girls jeans??

Philippe said...

Good question. They're easier to get off one handed so, yes.