Friday, August 29, 2008

Work FTL [Labor Day Edition]

Work sucks, but I don't have to tell you that, do I? Clearly you agree, because most likely you're reading this from your place of employment. What's that? You're reading this from the comfort of your heated bidet? You sir, are disgusting. Please don't come back to my blog.


My demographic.

Now that it's just us, let me proceed. Since Wednesday of this week I have been coming in to work after 12pm, today I came in at 1pm. Tonight I'll probably be here well into the night, possibly spilling in to tomorrow morning. SYMPATHIZE DAMMIT!!

This is roughly how my day breaks down:

15% doing actual work.
50% chatting and reading my various intellectual publications (read: blogs).
5% eating and/or drinking.
30% reading 'Watchmen.'

My younger sister, who at some point in her life surpassed me in awesomeness, is letting me borrow it.


This is no laughing matter you sick bastard.

Believe it or not, this is the first comic book/graphic novel I've ever read and I LOVE IT! It's really incredible how good the story and artwork are. I'm still having trouble wrapping my mind around the fact that this was written over 20 years ago. The impetus for me reading this is Zack Snyder's upcoming film adaptation. Good readers, since nearly everything read on the internet should be taken as fact, hear this: Although I'm not even half way through, it's quickly becoming one of my favorite books. If you have any desire to see the movie, READ THIS BOOK.

No comments: